BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, July 7, 2012

PREGNANT!?!? WHA?!?

Well...here goes. We. Are. Pregnant. I am sitting her at the computer not knowing what else to say except, WE. ARE. PREGNANT.


Big big news at the Catania household. We came back from our vacation to DC and Virginia Beach on the 4th (which was a blast by the way, lots of adventures in between.) On the 5th I went to my friend Jennifer's pool with her sweet baby Mollee. Jennifer asked if I had started yet. I said no, being a whole month and a half I have yet to start. She told me to take a test. I told her that I had already taken a bunch of tests before getting my wisdom teeth out and they were all negative (a week and a half ago.) I figured that the reason I hadn't started yet was because my body was adjusting from being off the pill. I have only been off since April. After the pool, I went to Walgreens to by an ovulation kit, just for fun. AND OMG, THEY ARE LIKE 20.00. I bought one anyhow. I came home, ate dinner, decided what the heck I'll take another test. Well............it was positive! I went into the living room holding the test. I said "UHHH, Paul I think you should come look at this." (I won't lie I've pulled this stunt before with another test just to freak him out, so he wasn't really hustling over to see.) Showed him and he was pretty stinkin excited. He hugged me, I hugged him. He said "This is what we want right?!?" I said "yes, I think so." I was breathing real real hard. I'll be honest with you I thought it would take a while before I actually had a bun in the oven. Then I took a different test, and it was also positive. Needless to say I won't be needing the 20.00 ovulation kit after all.
After all of the shock had somewhat set in (still hasn't yet.) My real brain started to work. "ummm....McKenzie, you just had your wisdom teeth out, you were on 800 mg of ibprophen for a long time, you also had an infection....blah blah blah." These thoughts probably mean I'll be a phycho mom. :) J/k.
Today, day one of knowing that I am pregnant, I can't have caffine, and I WANT caffine. I also bought a GREAT bottle of wine, guess it'll have to wait for 9 months. I also went to spin today, I watched myself in the mirror the whole time screaming in my head "I AM PREGNANT" so it would maybe set in a little, still hasn't.
I called the an OBGYN today, found out news that I have never heard of in my life. They asked me the first day of my last period, it was May 12th. They said "oh you are 8wks." 8 wks my rear!!! That's jus not possible. I guess we'll find out the truth on Tuesday. :) Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment